Wednesday, February 4, 2009

La Cravatte Duchien -- Handmade Crafts


Today's featured artist is Dafni from lacravatteduchien.

1. What got you involved in Polymer Clay?

I learned about it at school, we had to do a sculpture project and the teacher told as about it.

2. What is your favorite thing to make? Why?


I love to make mini food magnets because they can end up looking so realistic Unfortunately i don't have any in my shop now, I sold them all :)



3.What makes polymer clay a better fit for your products than other mediums?

Because you can make any shape and any color. As simple as that. You can make anything you can imagine.

4.What is your best advice for someone starting out in polymer clay?

To get the soft one. Before i found out about fimo soft I really hated it. I had to put it in the heater and still it was so difficult to work with it, but the soft one is soooooo easy. Like the thing they use in the kinder garden!

5.What links would you like added to this article?

Take a look here. This is some amazing art made with polymer clay


Thanks, Dafni!

6 comments: