Sunday, February 22, 2009

Loopy Boopy

Today's featured artist is Colleen of Loopy Boopy. I've been an avid admirer of her shop for years now. She makes fantastic art dolls from Polymer Clay.



1.What got you involved in Polymer Clay?

I used to work in papier mache and loved it but it is messy and very very time consuming. I switched to polymer out of sheer convenience and have come to love it too.

2.What is your favorite thing to make? Why?

Definetly the human figure. I have sculpted for over 20 years and always no matter the medium have made people. I am constantly intrigued by the character and uniqueness of each individual.



3.What makes polymer clay a better fit for your products than other mediums?

Again, I would say the ease of it. I can sculpt, bake and paint a project in one day.

4.What is your best advice for someone starting out in polymer clay?

It really depends on what you are doing with it, but obviously it is to find the right clay for your work. There are so many colors and brands now and each is different in its own way. I use Super Sculpey.



Here are some of Colleen's links:

http://loopyboopy.blogspot.com/
www.loopyboopy.etsy.com

1 comment: