Monday, February 16, 2009

CreaShines



Today's featured artist is Stacey Hines of CreaShines. Stacey makes unique (and beautifully photographed) organically shaped jewelry.

1.What got you involved in Polymer Clay?

I used to make personalized polymer clay snowmen families with my friend Tiffany around the holidays. One day I realized I could make jewelry out of the clay too! I eventually found Etsy and was shocked to find so many amazing shops specializing in jewelry made of the same medium. Before that, I guess I thought I had invented polymer clay jewelry haha!

2.What is your favorite thing to make? Why?
My favorite thing to make are my signature pendant and ring sets. I love experimenting with color combinations and organic forms.



3.What makes polymer clay a better fit for your products than other mediums?

It's affordable for my college student budget and I love how versatile it can be, meaning I can literally create whatever I want. I'm limited only by my imagination.

4.What is your best advice for someone starting out in polymer clay?

Create your own niche. Don't make whatever everyone else is creating just because it will bring sales. The point is to be unique so people remember you and your work.

Here are some of Stacey's links
http://twitter.com/creashines
http://www.conceptdynamic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment