Saturday, January 31, 2009

The B-Line

Today's artist is Amy of The B-Line You can find more of her work at http://www.shopthebline.com

1.What got you involved in Polymer Clay?
I started using polymer clay when I couldn't find a particular type of carved flower bead that I had used previously in a bracelet that I had been selling. I decided since I couldn't find the flowers, I might as well try to make them. The flowers I made that first attempt were actually nothing like the beads I had run out of, but after that first experiment, I was hooked. I've been playing with clay ever since!

2.What is your favorite thing to make? Why?
My first project with clay has been the most rewarding. I really love making flowers best.

3.What makes polymer clay a better fit for your products than other mediums?
Color! I love blending clays to come up with just the right shade and consistency. I've worked with precious metal clay a bit and find polymer clay so much more rewarding and fun.

4.What is your best advice for someone starting out in polymer clay?
If you can dream it, you can probably make it with polymer clay. But don't try to work in a really cold room! Kneading the clay to warm it up and make it pliable is my least favorite aspect of working with polymer clay. In the colder months (my studio's not so well insulated), I turn on my space heater for a half hour before I get to work.

Thanks Amy!

1 comment:

  1. No, thank you, Tara! I am honored to be featured your blog. I'm looking forward to seeing it develop!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete