Saturday, April 4, 2009

Springtime Designs


Today's featured artist is Marilyn Jensen of Springtime Designs. She makes one-of-a-kind Dogs out of polymer clay.

1.What got you involved in Polymer Clay?
I enjoy sculpting. Polymer clay is easy to obtain and easy to work with.

2.What is your favorite thing to make? Why?
Dogs are my favorite subject. I just love dogs!


3.What makes polymer clay a better fit for your products than other mediums?
With Polymer Clay, I can get a smooth sculpt with lots of detail. Polymer clay doesn't shrink, so my embellishments stay in proportion to the piece. Polymer clay doesn't require high-temperature firing in a kiln, so my embellishments won't burn up :-)
4.What is your best advice for someone starting out in polymer clay?
Practice, practice, practice! Take classes if possible -- you can always learn something new.


Here's Marilyn's Link:
http://www.zianet.com/springtime/model-gallery2.htm

1 comment:

  1. WOW, these little sculptures have such personality!! Lovely work! I can almost see these little dogs bouncing around and wagging their tails.

    ReplyDelete