Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Juliespace



Today's featured artist is Julie Sweeney of Juliespace . I was struck by her unique take on polymer clay jewelry.

Julie says:

I really like trying out new crafts all the time and watching craft shows and reading craft books and cruising the craft stores, in other words I am a craftaholic. I came across polymer clay somehow this way. I started out in jewelry making and the idea of making my own beads to suit myself really appealed to me.

I like making pendants best. Now what type of technique do I like doing best? That is changing all the time. I love to experiment and I am still learning a lot about polymer clay. I do keep going back to making my mini-mosaic pendants. They are a lot of fun to do. I also do larger scale mosaics with stained glass and these mini-mosaic pieces were influenced by that.



What is so great about polymer clay is the many ways it can be used. The possibilities are endless. You are not limited to any style or technique. You do not need expensive equipment to work with it. Its colors are wonderful.

My advice for people new to polymer clay is have fun and don't expect everything to look just like out of a book. Keep practicing and experimenting.



Julies Links:
http://juliespace.etsy.com
http://juliespacedesign.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment