Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Momochas



Today's featured artist is Ana of Momochas. She makes beautifully intricate mixed media jewelry with (of course) polymer clay as a main ingredient.

Ana says:
I discovered polymer clay casually. One day I went with my sister to a little craft store and the variety of colors of the polymer clay caught our eyes. My sister wanted to make some adornments for the kitchen and we decided to give it a try . From that moment we fell in love with this material.

I love to mix polymer clay with different elements, specially lace. I love the romantic and misterious feel that a delicate and beautiful lace can give to a piece. Now I´m trying with my sister another materials combinations like wood an other natural components.

Polymer clay fits me like a glove. From my point of view, it´s a versatil material with endless posibilities. I love the chance to experiment with colors and different finishes, besides it´s very easy to use and suits completely differents styles.



My advice for the people who starts would be to experiment, mix, try anything you can imagine. Don´t be afraid to the result. Work until you are completely satisfied with the piece. And above all, enjoy the process of creating, the illusion is the most important part of the work.That´s the main and the most special material you want to transmit with your creations. The final point is to make a special piece that becomes special too for the person who is going to wear it.


Her links:
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6116826
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/momochas/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/momochas

1 comment:

  1. Momochas work is very sophisticated and makes polymer clay look like a lovely thing indeed!! Her work is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete